Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Attaching the CMS50E PulseOx for Overnight

I use the Contec CMS50E pulse oximeter and put it into record mode and sleep with it on my finger.  OK, so how do I not have it fall off at night?  I tape it on...

I tear two 0.25" wide strips of medical tape about 4" long. I put on the CMS50E then drape the center of the tape over my finger and attach the tape ends on the underside of the pulse ox, then repeat such that the 2nd piece of tape comes up from under wrapping my finger and the ends are on the top of the pulse ox (or vise-versa, as shown). I can use the tape tension to control how tight the pulse ox is clamping on my finger. The two pieces of tape last a couple weeks before needing to tear off a couple more strips. I have great control over tension of the clamping-on of the device, from crushing to flippy-floppy and everywhere between. Try it. It won't come off.



5 comments:

  1. I have the same Oximeter and I just use a tubesock and it does a pretty good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if I'm just a light sleeper. My CMS-50E doesn't come off without any tape or sock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I think I taped mine merely as a precaution as I assumed it would fall off if I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just go through the post and also buying that pulse OX for me as personal use. Thank you for sharing.


    Pulse OX

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a variety of pulse oximeters. Be sure to get one that records overnight, preferably not being wired to something. The CMS50E does, though they suggest you not wear it for more than 2 hrs (?!) and that company has some newer models as well.

    ReplyDelete