Friday, April 27, 2012

Progress

Time for a progress update on my personal performance.  Below you will see 3 trends, my Zeo sleep score, my "Whack a Mole" and my "Goodness", each smoothed with a moving average, since February 20th, 2012.  So, I've been collecting this data for about 67 days.


The Zeo Sleep Score above comes from the Zeo Bedside unit where it scores my sleep by length, quantities of REM and Deep and deducts points for number of times I wake and duration awake.  My Zeo Sleep Score has been trending upward.  Good.

The "Whack-a-Mole" is a measure of my response time by measuring the average time it takes for me to click on a little picture that jumps around a window.  I take this "test" most every morning and sometimes during the day as well.  Lower is better.  My response time is becoming faster, but I sense it is leveling off.

Above is my personal subjective feeling of "Goodness".  How good I feel which I record using a slider, higher is better.  It has also been rising but I see it leveling off.  That may be because I am in fact reaching a plateau or there's a psychological aspect to adapting to "better" and not wanting to slide the bar higher.  These kinds of things is why I collect a variety of performance metrics, and these 3 are not the only ones, there are 8 of them I collect (?!).

OK, so, I've been getting better and that is good news.  I might be reaching a plateau and that is something to ponder ... how to take the next step up.

No comments:

Post a Comment